This week the roofing contractors opened up their first roof and discovered a problem. The original construction does not allow enough space for ventilation in the section of the roof over the vaulted ceiling in the living area.
Our project manager is working to come up with some options for a solution to fix the problem and allow us to continue with the work. Roofing work will be delayed until we agree on a plan.
Update: Our project manager has provided us with plans and pricing for several options which were discussed at a meeting with the strata council on June 15. Our preferred course of action will be to add additional strapping to one of the roof faces to provide for adequate ventilation. The council is still working out the details of how we plan to finance the changes, but roofing work should restart some time this week.