Metro Vancouver water restrictions are in place. Irrigation around the Maples has been turned off and if pool water levels drop too low it will be closed.
Stage 3 Prohibitions
- Lawn sprinkling is prohibited;
- Municipal exemption permits for new?lawns or nematode application are prohibited;
- Watering of trees, shrubs, flowers, decorative planters and vegetable gardens by sprinklers or soaker hoses is prohibited;
- Private pressure washing is prohibited;
- Washing of driveways, sidewalks and parkades for aesthetic purposes is prohibited;
- Washing of all cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats and other recreational and vehicles is prohibited;
- Golf course fairway watering is prohibited;
- Cemetery lawns – all forms of watering are prohibited;
- Municipal parks – all forms of watering are prohibited;
- Operation of ornamental fountains is prohibited;
- Filling or refilling of private swimming pools, hot tubs and garden ponds is prohibited.
Stage 3 Permitted Uses
- Hand watering of trees, shrubs, flowers, decorative planters and vegetable gardens using a spring-loaded shutoff nozzle, containers or a drip irrigation system is permitted;
- Watering of turf at turf farms or flowers and vegetables at commercial gardens is permitted.
- Hosing of outdoor surfaces (e.g. driveways, sidewalks, roofs) if required to avoid public health and safety concerns or to prepare a surface for painting/sealing or similar treatment is permitted;
- Commercial pressure washing for health and safety purposes or to prepare surface for painting or similar purposes is permitted;
- Commercial car wash operations are permitted;
- Golf course watering of greens and tee areas at minimum levels required to maintain areas in useable condition is permitted;
- Sports playing field (including sand-based) and school yard watering at minimum levels as required to maintain areas in useable condition is permitted;
- Artificial turf requiring wetting and outdoor tracks if required for dust control or safety reasons is permitted.